So to start with I picked up one of my fav routing protocol (IGP) which is yet not very well known - Integrated IS-IS or IS-IS for IP or IS-IS in general.
There are many personal reasons that I would pick it as protocol of choice if I have to pick for an ISP Network Design over more popular OSPF. But let's not get into IS-IS vs OSPF discussion yet.
Below is the study plan I used so far and I am quite happy about with progress.
1. Routing TCP/IP, Volume 1 (2nd Edition) - Jeff Doyle - Cisco Press
2. Optimal Routing Design - Russ White - Cisco Press
3. IS-IS Network Design Solutions - Abe Martey - Cisco Press > Two
4. INE CCIE SP ATC IS-IS Section
5. SPF calculation in OSPF and IS-IS
6. ISIS Link-Group
7. Using BFD to Detect WAN Forwarding Errors
8. IS-IS+MPLS TE+Native IPv6=FAIL
9. Do not EVER run OSPF or IS-IS with your Internet customers
10. Missing routes when running IS-IS over Frame Relay
11. Cisco Live 365 - BRKRST-2335 - IS-IS Network Design and Deployment
(2012 San Diego)
12. Cisco Live 365 - BRKRST-2327 - ISIS Fundamentals and Troubleshooting
13. Cisco Live 365 - BRKRST-2338 - ISIS Deployment in Modern Networks
(2014 San Francisco)
14. Packet Pushers - Show 89 – OSPF vs IS-IS Smackdown – Where You Can
Watch Their Eyes Reload
15. ISIS Authentication types
16. IS-IS Notes
17. IS-IS Study Guide Cisco IOS,IOS-XR
18. IS-IS Routing Protocol FAQ
Under point '3' I chose Cisco Press IS-IS Network Design Solutions while there were some other good options too suggested by many CCIE and CCDE friends. But after carefully examining the contents through quick review I preferred Cisco Press book. But other books are no less either if you pick one of those like:
The Complete IS-IS Routing Protocol
OSPF and IS-IS: Choosing an IGP for Large-Scale Networks
IS-IS: Deployment in IP Networks
With that being said, hope to come up with IS-IS design articles and possibly a short IS-IS CCDE type case study in coming month.